Monday, November 8, 2010

...We're almost there... Right?

I wanted to update you guys but then realized there's nothing to update you on.

Let's get the pregnancy complaints out of the way: Heartburn sucks. Every evening without fail, and nothing makes it go away. It's still pretty mild, just mainly really annoying, because it just doesn't quit. Still not swelling really, so Praise Jesus for that. I am incredibly achy all over all the time. Lately it's been going into my legs even - I've been waking up at night with leg cramps, and earlier it felt like I was getting shin splints. I'm not so sure the shin splint feeling is pregnancy related, but it's not like I've been out running marathons, so I dunno what else would have caused it. Those are my specific complaints. The rest are the general - I'm tired all the time but can't get comfortable enough to sleep, my back hurts all the time, my hot flashes are out of control...

I told my husband to remind me of this moment when I want to have another baby, ha ha.

Still, it did hit me earlier today how lucky I am. I complained about how disappointing it was for a couple months to not get pregnant, but then on baby center I stumbled across the trying to conceive board... And I mean woman try for years and nothing - or even worse than that, get pregnant but then lose baby after baby. The end of pregnancy sucks - don't get me wrong. I have found people who say they like pregnancy, but I think even they agree at the end, there's just nothing much fun left except the birth part.

I just know how badly I wanted this baby, and I only had to try for a few months, and I already had a baby. I can't imagine how badly it must hurt to find out you can't even have one.

Especially when I hang out with Cayden. Don't get me wrong, there are times when I want to strangle him (and anyone who thinks that's a horrible statement to make has never been around a 2 year old!) But he is one hilarious little boy - and QUITE the smartass.

A few days ago I said to him "Pete and repeat went of a boat, Pete fell off, who was left?" I didn't expect an answer, I was just playing with him. Do you know what he answered?

"Boat."

....Yeah, I guess you're right Cayden, the boat was left.

There are other examples of smart ass-y things he's said, I just can't remember them right now. But just him talking is hilarious - most of the time. There was a moment in the store the other day where he just kept repeating "Mommy, mommy.... Hi Mommy. See it Mommy? You see it?" And that got a little old. But most of the time...

I just also can't believe how freaking big he's gotten, it's nuts. I also can't wait for him to meet his new baby brother!

No comments:

Post a Comment