Sunday, June 20, 2010

Time flies...

I would have written, but there's nothing of much importance going on. We've been busy running around with Cayden, we take him outside every day and try to go on little trips on the weekend (to things we already have memberships too, like COSI or the zoo, so "free" trips essentially.) I just want to keep him active, especially because the more pregnant I get, the less active I'll be. Although, I'm hoping it helps me as well, go into labor on my own so I don't have to have a c-section.

We made friends with the neighbor who lives behind us and her son. Cayden is so cute with him, and Tyler (the little boy) hugs Cayden and kisses him. They also rough house a little, but I love him having kids his age to play with, because I feel like the parents get it. I don't have to worry about when Cayden's smacks someone - I mean, I do need to correct the behavior, but I know that other mom's get that children this age communicate like that, and I don't feel horrible about it. I'd post a picture of them together, but I dunno how his mom feels about that. Just suffice it to say that I'm even more excited to see Cayden with a baby brother.

We went to this park with Tyler and his Mom, and it was so much fun. The boys had a blast, and it was really need and free, which is always good! Here's a few pictures of that:

Photobucket

Photobucket



Another major milestone is that we moved Cayden into a big boy bed! His crib had been recalled, and we hoped to get him into a toddler bed before the baby came. I didn't think he was ready, but I thought since we needed to take the recalled crib back before we could buy a new crib, we should test out how well he did in a toddler bed. My Mom had a toddler bed that we borrowed. He did AMAZING. Didn't get up, went right to sleep, I was so impressed. So when we got the money from the crib, we decided to get him a really neat toddler bed. We settled on a firetruck bed:



Photobucket



Photobucket


As you can tell, he LOVES it.

The last activity we did with him, is COSI (a hands on science museum we have here) had an exhibit called the Science of big machines. So we took Cayden. I dunno who had more fun though, Jeremy or Cayden. They got to climb into the machines and even work a digger and then another machine (I think it was a loader?)


Photobucket


That's pretty much life right now. Spending a lot of time outside. My Mom has been a BIG help with getting baby stuff for us, it's a shocker and so amazing. I mean my Mom has always helped out, but I've just been surprised... I came home one day and one of the double strollers I had looked at (I had originally wanted this stroller made by phil and teds, but I gave up on that dream, it's like a 500 dollar stroller) was sitting in my living room. Then she went and got the new baby some clothes. So, all I have left to get is a few more clothes, and a crib. It's weird being done this early, but nice. Here's the double stroller, Cayden was testing it out:

Photobucket


This pregnancy is also super fast. I can't believe I'll be 16 weeks on Tuesday. I'm one month away from it being half over. It's just nuts, and part of me hopes that time keeps flying like this, and part of me wants things to slow down. I'm not ready! We also found my ultrasound pictures - they were at my Mom's, but now she's misplaced them again. So, she said she'd look for them. So hopefully by next week I'll have some pictures to post of Elijah.

1 comment:

  1. Great pics. Love the one of Cayden in his new bed and him driving the machine with hubby in the scoop. Adorable! mum

    ReplyDelete