Thursday, June 10, 2010

And time goes by, so slowly...

I wasn't going to write until Saturday, because frankly nothing has been going on. Sleeping is getting trickier but I don't know if that has anything to do with the baby or my insomnia. My morning sickness is back, which is blah BUT at least it's sticking to it's name and only popping up in the morning.

Pretty boring eh? Saturday I planned to write because we're going for our gender ultrasound, so I thought I'd have something exciting to announce. But, this week is going sooooo slowly, I can't believe it's only Thursday, and not even noon on a Thursday! I thought maybe writing this would kill some time.

I also wanted to say - sorry for ignoring the comments! I guess I don't have it set to receive comments in my emails, because I haven't gotten any notifications, so I just thought I wasn't getting any comments, and didn't think to check! So I wasn't trying to ignore you.

Alright so, as far as updating you on what's going on - Cayden's definately going through a growth spurt. Yesterday he took two naps, and he's a strictly one nap guy! We've also been hanging out in the backyard a lot, and it's SO funny. We go out there, and there are no kids out. I start pulling out Cayden's toys and they just flock. Mainly they're all boys, which makes me a little afraid - I now see what I'm in for! Especially at the age these kids are at, which I would guess is between 6-10. They want to be tough guys but they still get hurt feelings, or when they do get hurt in their rough and tumble games that boys play, they want their mom's. It gets a little crazy, but it's fun, and I love the fact that Cayden gets to be around kids. There's a boy across the yard who comes out, his name is Tyler, he's around 2 and he's adorable, plus I love his Mom, which is a bonus. Then there's Kareem next door who just turned one, and the kid cracks EVERYONE up. He runs around making noises, and laughs with his WHOLE body, it's so funny. Of course, when the big boys are around, the little boys want nothing to do with each other and idolize the bigger boys. It's funny, but also a little scary - the bigger boys don't always remember how little the kids are. Plus we had to break up a fight the other day. All in all, it's normal behavior, but it's still stuff I don't want Cayden to pick up, lol.

Anyway, my nights fly by, but my days... Well, this week they're dragging on. Maybe because I haven't been sleeping well, maybe because I want it to be Saturday already. Who knows?

As far as the baby... Well, again, nothing's really happening since the appointment. I believe I'm feeling movement, but this early in the game, it's always hard to tell. They happen more frequently though, so I think SOME of them have to be kicks.

I like to tell people though that now I'm officially pregnant - I cried ALL through the Glee finale. Like sobbed. My husband was making fun of him and I was in the middle of yelling at him about how insensitive he was and how could he not care about those kids when I had to laugh at how dumb I sounded. Yup, the hormones have landed.

Alright, it's finally noon, meaning it's finally time to make lunch and get Cayden fed and down for his nap. But, before I go, if any of you want to guess what the baby is, feel free to leave a comment! I think it would be interesting to see what everyone thinks.

To give some background (using Old Wives tales): I'm not really showing, so I don't know how I'm carrying. I am having morning sickness - I never had it with Cayden really. My pee is a dull yellow (which Old Wives Tales say means girl) the hair of my legs is not growing faster (Again, OWT say girl). However, if my boobs have grown, it hasn't been by much (OWT says that means boy) MOST of the Chinese Gender Calendars say girl, but I have had one or two that say boy (one of them is right, lol) The back of my sons hair grows in a point, which OWT says will be the opposite sex. All in all, I'm calling girl. Anyone else care to take a gander?

No comments:

Post a Comment