Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Same ole same ole

Oh man. I feel like it's been weeks since I've written, and it hasn't been. I wish I had something to report, but really not much has happened. Our internet and cable has been shut off, but I'm still able to get on randomly. It's spotty, but better than nothing.

We're toying with changing Elijah's name. I dunno, with Cayden he was Cayden from the start - before we even knew he was a boy. Our girls name changed forty five times, but Cayden never changed. I don't know if I'm so iffy on names because I was just so SURE it was a girl. I keep going back and forth. Elijah's the name I like best, but I'm still not sure it's the one. People keep making fun of me, telling me it's just a name... But names are really important to me. I mean this kid is going to be stuck with it for the rest of his life. It's like, women shop a million stores and sometimes drop a lot of money on a wedding dress that they wear for one day - why wouldn't I put more care into my son's name?

We go Friday for our next ultrasound. It's the "big" one - the anatomy scan. I'm hoping they'll be able to confirm he's a boy. Well, I'm really hoping they tell me they were wrong and it's a girl, but I just hope that we'll be able to tell something. If the baby is being stubborn, I feel like I'll be wondering the rest of my pregnancy if it's really a boy, even though the pictures are pretty clear. I'm just paranoid, lol.

Other than that, the pregnancy is getting pretty routine. I'm starting to swell, but nowhere as bad as I did with Cayden. My back hurts, my legs hurt, I'm peeing every five seconds. Ah, the joys, eh? :-)

I've been nesting, which in a way is a blessing and a curse. My house is the cleanest I think it's ever been (well, for the most part. The second Cayden gets up he goes to work on destroying the living room. Every time I clean it up I wonder why bother - it's just going to get destroyed anyway. I wonder sometimes if Cayden thinks it's his job to destroy it. Like I see it messy and think "Oh no, not again, I just cleaned this!" and I wonder if he gets up and thinks "Oh no, not again, I JUST messed this up!") But with nesting, it's like, I can't stop. Stuff has to be so perfect, I scrubbed my bathroom floors with a toothbrush! It was nuts. I'm not a clean person either. I don't view myself as dirty, but messy is a better word. So it's leaving me very sore at the end of the day, lol.

Cayden's becoming more and more adorable. I love how I ask him a question and he repeats one word of the question:
Me: Cayden, are you hungry?"
Cayden: "Ungry!"
Me: Do you want lunch?"
C: "Unch!"
Me: "Do you want a grilled cheese?"
C: "Cheese!"

That's about all I got. Hopefully I'll be able to sign on friday and let y'all know how the ultrasound went. We have a busy weekend too - COSI on Saturday to see this farm exhibit and a kid's fair Sunday at the zoo. So maybe I'll wait till Monday and post pictures too.

3 comments:

  1. That's too funny. Poor Cayden wakes up every morning thinking, "A toddler's work is never done." My kids are still that way, unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that idea, too, Babsiegirl. I'd love to know what runs through those little minds, sometimes. mum

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always wanted to go to COSI! I hope you guys had fun and good luck with the ultrasound!

    ReplyDelete