Tuesday, May 17, 2011

It's 3:24 AM

What are you doing? Probably sleeping. That's what normal people do at this time. What am I doing? Writing while listening to Eli fuss in the other room. Because he doesn't want to sleep, or eat. He has clean clothes, a clean diaper, and he's warm enough. Frankly I'm tired of trying to get him to go back to sleep, so he can just lay there and fuss for awhile. Because it's 3:24 AM and he should be sleeping.

I miss sleep. I think we've been over this before, but I miss it so much that I think it deserves yet another blog post about how little I get, and how much I miss it. The first thing anyone tells you when they find out you're having a baby is "Wow, you're going to miss sleep." I hate that that was true for us. Because the thing is, it's not really true that often. Yes, you get less sleep than you probably did when you didn't have kids. But if I could get the kind of sleep my other friends with kids got, I'd be euphoric. Their kids will sleep for at least a solid five hours. My child thinks sleeping is for the birds.

I dunno. When it comes to having kids, people always assume your life is going to change drastically. And I assume that it does, but the thing is... You don't really remember what it was like before hand. I cannot recall how it felt to just randomly decide to go to a movie and be able to leave right then and go. So it's not like I miss that part. But I do remember fondly the days of sleeping past noon. I miss those days.

No comments:

Post a Comment