Wednesday, July 6, 2011

I'm not dead just busy!

I suck at updating this.

Eli is 7 months old now. Isn't that crazy? Wasn't I just finding out I was pregnant and feeling all girly vibes? Or counting down the days until my c-section? And now he's 7 months! Crazy.

So where to start on the updates? I'm not sure, because I'm not sure where we left off, and frankly, I'm too lazy to go look (story of my life).

We'll start with Eli:

He can sit up on his own (Granted, he's been doing that for awhile) He's sort of trying to crawl (making more of an attempt to do it than Cayden ever did. Cayden just rolled everywhere. Eli will army crawl backwards) and he sort of pulls to stand. His reflux? Not any better. Shortly before his 6 month appointment, his prevacid stopped working. So, they switched him to prilosec (if you're for some reason keeping track, that makes it his third medication, zantac, prevacid, prilosec.) At his 6 month appointment, I told the doctor I didn't think it was working. My husband, however, stupidly told her he thought it was fine (and later on told me he said that because he thought it was as good as it was going to get) Well, last week I finally had enough and told Jer to take him back into the doctor. She then put him back on zantac along with the prilosec (dunno why, zantac didn't work the first time.) After a horribly long weekend, I made another appointment for tomorrow. At this point, I don't even know if it's reflux. I think it is, but we've had NO testing done, other than for pyloric stenosis, which really isn't reflux related. People are telling me it might not be reflux at all, but a milk protein allergy. So I'm pretty much going in demanding that he get a barium test to see if he has reflux and if so, how bad it is, and an allergy test. I hate being THAT mom who wants tests done that her baby might not need, but I feel like at this point it's probably better to give him tests instead of playing guinea pig with his medication, you know?

So. 6 month pictures:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Those are the collages - we got individual shots that they made the collages out of, but this way I don't have to post ten billion pictures. I was SUPER happy with how they turned out.

Now on to Cayden:

Cayden has been... Well, Cayden. He's only a few months away from three (and that also kills me. I mean, in a way, I feel like he's been around forever, and I can't really remember life without him. But, he's my baby. When did my baby get so big???) He's showing every symptom of "terrible two's" there is - and I've heard three only gets worse. He's SO independent, and so fearless. It scares the CRAP out of me. He's also just SO funny - the crap that comes out of his mouth is hilarious (and will probably get me into trouble. Though he picked up "what the hell" from his grandma.) We're starting to get him involved in things - he's in soccer right now. Really, all he does is sit on the sidelines and cry (I'll show you pictures in a minute) so I have no delusion of him being some super mega sports star, so that's now why we've enrolled him. I just think he needed something to help him burn off energy. And, he really likes to be with other kids. So. Yeah.

We also took him to see his first movie - cars 2. He did SO well and loved it, so I'm REALLY excited to be able to do that with him now. Here are some pictures, I always feel like I don't post enough pictures of Cayden, but it is SO hard to get him to hold still, and now he's started to either look away when he sees a camera, or make a really weird or grumpy face.

....And of course, photo bucket has stopped working for me. I promise I will come back and edit this later with cute pictures of Cayden at the movies/"playing (i.e crying on the sidelines) soccer.

I'll try to post more often - it's just been crazy. My sister's wedding happened (and was BEAUTIFUL, yay!) and then I'm back in school now, so between the kids, school, and the other blog, it's been hectic!

1 comment:

  1. Eli's adorable!! Really great photos!

    Glad to hear your sister's wedding went well and kudos for going back to school.

    Stress... it's a killer - keep you're head up. remember... you're super mom! haha :-)

    ReplyDelete