Monday, April 11, 2011

I miss writing. Every time I think time is going to clear up for me to start again, something pops up. It's starting to get a little bit old. I miss hearing from you guys, I miss seeing where the other blog is going to go. I keep telling myself eventually things are going to die down, but then something else pops back up. I'm just not so sure anymore.

Cayden is sick. Yet again. For the billionth time in a row. I think it might possibly be yet another ear infection. It's so frustrating because he's not a sickly kid. He was never sick before, and ever since he got croup, we just have had one thing right after another - mainly ear infections that keep switching ears, then his friend got whooping cough and because the boys were exposed to it, they both were on preventative antibiotics for it, which is fine, but it caused them both to have stomach cramps. Then he and I both got some weird stomach bug, and now we're back to... I dunno. Thursday night he woke up with a fever and was crying and clingy. Gave him motrin, fever broke, we let him sleep in our bed. The motrin wore off, the fever came back, he was cranky, we gave him more. Fever goes away, and he's his normal, hyper-active self. But, 6 hours later, the motrin is gone, and he has a fever, and all he wants to do is lay on me... He has no other symptoms but a fever (and when he has a fever, he's cranky.) He's not saying anything hurts, he's not throwing up. Just the fever.

As it stands now, I'm writing this at 4:30 am when I should be sleeping because Cayden's been up a bajillion times, and Eli's been up a bunch and I want to make sure they're both REALLY down before I fall asleep. Which I think they are.

Again, I can't apologize enough for being MIA. I know especially to readers from the other blog it must feel like I just blew it off and I'm never coming back. Trust me, I miss the blog. I have plans on what to write. I just need to find the time to sit down and write it.

1 comment:

  1. We miss you too Laura. Hang in there, spring and summer are almost here maybe the warmer weather will keep everyone healthy. You might want to get a strep test on Cayden. My daughter had the same symptoms and we couldn't figure it out because she wasn't complaining of a sore throat or anything. I didn't run to the Dr thinking it was a virus. After a whole weekend we took her in and it was strep. I felt so bad that she suffered all weekend! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete